Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2019

SnowBaz Carries On: 'Wayward Son' by Rainbow Rowell

Wayward Son (Simon Snow, #2)Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hello, I'm experimenting with using a standardized set of questions in creating my most recent batch of book reviews. Feel free to tell me in the comments what you think of this format.

Have I read anything else from this author? Many things: Landline, Pumpkinheads, Fangirl, of course Carry On, Eleanor and Park, and some (but not all) of her Marvel's Runaways comic books.

Was this book better than this author's other book(s)? I had more fun reading this than I did the Runaways comics (which I still enjoyed), but not nearly as much fun as I had reading Fangirl and Carry On, some of my all-time favorite YA books.

Was this book enjoyable? Yes, although the stakes didn't seem nearly as high this time as they did in Carry On. Maybe they'll go up again in the third book. Maybe the third book will end with more of a sense of resolution than this one did.

Did I learn anything new from this book? I learned that winged dragon-boys and vampires fit in surprising well at a Renaissance fair.

Where did I get this book? I borrowed the hardcover from my local library.

Do I recommend this book to other readers? I recommend this book to anyone who read Carry On.

No comments: