Pages

Friday, December 20, 2019

Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress (Nonfiction Book Review)

Enlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and ProgressEnlightenment Now: The Case for Reason, Science, Humanism, and Progress by Steven Pinker

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Have I read anything else from this author? No. I have a copy of How the Mind Works but I've only read pieces, never the whole book.

Was this book enjoyable? Most of it was enjoyable. Its overall tone is hopeful. More than anything, it's informative.

Did I learn anything new from this book? Yes, I learned many facts.

Where did I get this book? I borrowed this audio book from my local library using the Libby app.

Do I recommend this book to other readers? I recommend this book to anyone who's looking for a serious intellectual argument. It's not a fluffy beach read, but if you're looking to dive into the arguments in favor of Enlightenment-era values as opposed to authoritarianism, this is the book for you.

No comments: