Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

#ManCandyMonday Manday Hotties Hop, Irish Edition


La Fhéile Pádraig Shona Daoibh! That's "Happy St. Paddy's Day" in Irish, one of the languages of my ancestors. My dad's family came to the U.S. from Derry/Londonderry (now Northern Ireland, U.K.).

Here are some very Irish hotties. Representing County Cork, the lovely Cillian Murphy.





Born in Germany to a German dad and an Irish mum but raised in County Kerry, Michael Fassbender.





Representing Northern Ireland and County Antrim, Liam Neeson.





Representing County Dublin and originally named Jonathan Michael Francis O'Keeffe, Jonathan Rhys Meyers.





Born in County Louth and raised in County Meath, former "James Bond" Pierce Brosnan. I'll be completely honest with you: my favorite one of his movies is Mamma Mia!





Representing Belfast (most of which is in County Antrim, but a little is in County Down), the capital of Northern Ireland, I present Sir Kenneth Branagh. He's Gilderoy Lockhart, he virtually owns Shakespeare, and he directed Thor.





Saving my favorite one for last, representing Dublin, the capital city of the Republic of Ireland, Gabriel James Byrne. Still my sweet, sweet baby.





This is an Amazon Listmania! list of my favorite Gabriel Byrne movies. The best of the best? The Usual Suspects, Miller's Crossing, and Polish Wedding, although Stigmata will always have a special place in my heart.

Link up with the other participating bloggers here:



Past St. Paddy's Day posts that may interest you:

Great Irish-American Women
The Forgotten Saints of Ireland
To Love an Irishman
Kemberlee Shortland's Irish Pride Trilogy

Enter to win Midsummer Night - Pagan Spirits Book 2 - from Goodreads through March 27

No comments: