Pages

Tuesday, December 19, 2023

My Goodreads 2023 Reading Challenge

 I read 32 books this year, or at least 32 books that I remembered to enter into Goodreads. 

You may remember me mentioning Greg Jenner's history of celebrity, Dead Famous, in this bit of fiction titled "Four Vignettes."

Full review of Little, Crazy Children here. 

Luster by Raven Leilani, which I finally got around to reading after owning a paperback copy for, oh, two years or so, was definitely one of the best books I read this year. 

Brief review of True Crime Addict here

Gabriel Byrne's memoir Walking With Ghosts was my other favorite book I read this year. I could hardly put that thing down. If he hadn't stumbled upon acting (beginning with an Irish soap opera), he might have had a wonderful career as a novelist. And he's still my sweet, sweet baby.

That Neil Gaiman short story anthology was really good, too. My paperback came signed by Neil Gaiman. Tit Elingtin bought it on the day we heard Neil Gaiman in person.

What were your favorite reads from 2023?

No comments: