Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2020

'Medallion Status: True Stories from Secret Rooms' by John Hodgman

Medallion Status: True Stories from Secret RoomsMedallion Status: True Stories from Secret Rooms by John Hodgman

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Have I read anything else from this author? Yes, I read Vacationland: True Stories from Painful Beaches last year.

Was this book better than this author's other book(s)? I thought Vacationland was hilarious, and this is very much in the same vein. If you liked one, you'll like the other.

Was this book enjoyable? Very much so. I laughed out loud at several points, and at other points, I didn't laugh but I did say the word "Ha." Which I do sometimes when I'm amused by a particularly pointed sarcasm.

Did I learn anything new from this book? I learned that life in a small Maine town isn't necessarily accurately portrayed in the novels of Stephen King. And that John Hodgman has a cordial relationship with E.B. White's grandson.

Where did I get this book? I borrowed it from my local library using the Libby app.

Do I recommend this book to other readers? Yes, if they have a sense of humor.

No comments: