Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Crisis in the Red Zone: The Story of the Deadliest Ebola Outbreak in History, and of the Outbreaks to Come

Crisis in the Red Zone: The Story of the Deadliest Ebola Outbreak in History, and of the Outbreaks to ComeCrisis in the Red Zone: The Story of the Deadliest Ebola Outbreak in History, and of the Outbreaks to Come by Richard Preston

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Have I read anything else from this author? Yes, I read The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus. I remember that I listened to part of the audiobook of The Wild Trees: A Story of Passion and Daring several years ago, but I can't remember if I ever finished it or not.

Was this book better than this author's other book(s)? It was as good as his previous book about the Ebola virus.

Was this book enjoyable? It was educational. It's never enjoyable to hear about other people getting a serious illness.

Did I learn anything new from this book? Yes, I learned a lot about virology.

Where did I get this book? I checked out this audiobook from my local library using the Libby app.

Do I recommend this book to other readers? Yes, as long as they won't be too horrified by graphic medical descriptions.

More medical nonfiction:

Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital
Get Well Soon: History's Worst Plagues and the Heroes Who Fought Them
In a Different Key: The Story of Autism
Rabid: A Cultural History of the World's Most Diabolical Virus

No comments: