Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

I Read 'Last Sacrifice" and Finished the Vampire Academy Series

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

The Vampire Academy Series so far:




My Last Sacrifice rating: 4 of 5 stars

SPOILER ALERT! If you don't want to know how the series ends, EARMUFFS now. 

As the last book of the Vampire Academy series begins, Rose Hathaway is sitting in prison, waiting to be executed for the murder of her queen. Rose is innocent, but who is the murderer? Will Rose be able to find and reveal the true killer before her own doom?

Of course she will, but first she'll undergo a series of trials. These include a daring prison break engineered by Rose's closest friends and her dad Abe. (Abe subtly clued Rose in to his plans by bringing her a copy of one of my favorite books ever, The Count of Monte Cristo.)


Another trial she'll endure is being torn between her budding relationship with Adrian Ivashkov - the adorable Moroi who fights the ravages of being a Spirit user with alcoholic beverages and clove cigarettes - and the man who first stole her heart, Dimitri Belikov. While Dimitri had previously protested that his love for Rose had faded, this volume reveals that he LIED. Dimitri never stopped loving Rose, and let's be honest: she never stopped loving him either. I felt awful for Adrian as the story unfolded, but I'm happy that RoMitri got their happily ever after.

I was sad to find out who the real murderer turned out to be. That character was a character I liked for the sake of their very likable family member.

The only thing I wanted from this book that I didn't get was a Christian Ozera-Lissa Dragomir wedding. I thought they'd at least get engaged. Although she does discover her long-lost half sibling (and it's someone we know!) in this book and is no longer thought of as the last of her line, I still hoped Christian and Lissa would at least get engaged. I wanted the security of knowing they were on their way to making little Dragomir-Ozeras. I want that for them.


By the way, it doesn't disappoint me at all that Rose and Dimitri will never have kids. They'll still be perfectly happy. They're soulmates.

Because these characters may make occasional appearances in the Bloodlines series, I don't really feel like this is the final, FINAL Vampire Academy novel. I don't know if I'll read Bloodlines, so for now I'm pretty satisfied with this as an ending for Rose and Lissa.

I purchased this book from BarnesAndNoble.com with my own funds and was not obligated in any way to review it.

No comments: