Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

My 'Secret Santa' Rocks!

This year I took part in the Book Bloggers Holiday Swap. I sent out a holiday gift to a book blogger. Since I happened to know she loved YA novels and chocolate, I sent her Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Twilight: The Graphic Novel. For some fun little extras I included a bookmark, Harry Potter stickers, and a Twilight blank journal. I hope she liked it! She may not know this yet, but she's also getting a package of young adult titles from AG Press--one of the perks of being an editor.


Giving was the fun part, but today I received a gift from my book blogger Secret Santa. She turned out to be Mariah from A Reader's Adventure.

She sent me:

*The Heights by Brian James, young adult, contemporary retelling of Wuthering Heights (which just happens to be one of my all-time favorites!)
*A bookmark for Tera Lynn Childs' Forgive My Fins
*A bookmark for Suzanne Young's Naughty List Series, signed by Suzanne Young herself
*Two stickers for The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting


Mariah darling, your gifts were thoughtful and are truly appreciated. (How did she know I love stickers?) I had so much fun with the Book Blogger Holiday Swap, I'll do it again next year.


3 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

Erin: Thanks so very much for the Holiday Swap package! I've posted about it here. What fun! (And it appears that I've got more fun coming? Wow! Thank you!)

Brian James said...

I hope you enjoy the gift :)

Erin O'Riordan said...

I very much enjoyed your book, Mr. James, even though the ending was so sad. In spirit it was quite faithful to the original. I wish I'd had the option of reading 'The Heights' when I was 17, when I didn't have a romantic bone in my whole body and couldn't appreciate Emily Bronte yet. I would have gotten 'The Heights.'