Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

With Apologies to Amy Winehouse...

Nobody stands in between me and American literature
It's me and Mr. James Jones
(Me and Mr. Jones)



What kind of fuckery is this?
You make me miss that Borgnine kid
Before I hadn't read you, now I did
Can't believe you wrote as well as that

No, you ain't worth censorship
So a few guys had guys they wanted to kiss -
At least you were honest to yourself in this
Can't believe you wrote as well as this



Holmes is one thing, but come Warden
Nobody stands in between me and my man
'Cause it's me and Mr. James Jones
(Me and Mr. Jones)

What kind of fuckery are we?
Nowadays, you mean three books to me
I might read Some Came Running some day
Who's it about, anyway?

What kind of fuckery is Prew?
'Side from Bloom, he never fought a Jew
I would have sworn he was a dick
But he had a lot of good parts, too



Mr. Eternity, 19 and 77
Nobody stands in between me and my books
'Cause it's me and Mr. James Jones
Yeah
(Me and Mr. Jones)


(Sorry, Amy. I think I've got it out of my system now.)

No comments: