Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Join Us For a Game of "Eff Marry Kill"


photobucket


Hello, all, and welcome to my first link-up with Blonde...Undercover Blonde and The Vintage Apple for "Eff, Marry, Kill." The game is played thusly: I give you three celebs, and you must decide which you would marry, with which you would have a one-night stand (eff) and which you would kill. It's more fun and entertaining if you give your reasons why.

The kid version of this game is "Kiss, Marry, Avoid." If "kill" is too violent, you may choose to avoid one celeb. I play "Kiss, Marry, Avoid" all the time on GoodReads, usually with Harry Potter characters. I'm not going to use book characters, because I have no way of knowing if you've read the same books I've read.

My first thought was to use the guys from The Dark Knight Rises - Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman. Eff Gary Oldman, marry Christian Bale, kill Tom Hardy. Then I thought, "Naw, Christian Bale is mine, and y'all bitches better stay away from him."

Instead, let's do contemporary authors.

Stephen King.



George R. R. Martin.



John Grisham.



I say eff John Grisham, because he's a good-looking guy and I really liked A Painted House and The Client. I wouldn't marry him because he'd totally lawyer me. I'd never win an argument.

I'd marry George R. R. Martin, 'cause that guy's doing really well with his Game of Thrones series. I'd have to kill Stephen King. Hey, he's had a good run - he's probably published more books than anyone except maybe Nora Roberts.

Your choices are...?

You may also enjoy these Eff, Marry, Kill links:

The Men of Nicholas Sparks adaptations
The Onscreen Loves of Kristen Stewart
The Men of 'True Blood'
Laurie Laurence, Gilbert Blythe, Heathcliff 

(Gotta admit, I never read Anne of Green Gables. Got to add that to the TBR list.)

Men of 'The Vampire Diaries'
Men of 'Magic Mike' (the movie sucked, but that doesn't mean the male strippers aren't still hot!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did a literary theme as well! Great minds ;).
I think that I'd switch the "marry" choice to Harlan Coben, though. I follow him on Twitter and he's funny, a great dad and (most importantly, ha) easy on the eyes. No way I could eff or marry Stephen King. I'd be too nervous that he'd want to talk to me about his books and they're WAY too scary for me. I'd probably never sleep again. Ha!