Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday with Shah Wharton



This is the WIP Wednesday deal. Authors needed - all genres! Are you an author who'd like to share a 100- to 200-word blurb about a current work in progress on a future WIP Wednesday? If so, please send an e-mail to Erin O'Riordan (erinoriordan AT sbcglobal DOT net).   



Shah Wharton: Firstly, I’d like to thank Erin for having me on her blog to talk about my W.I.P. I started writing a short story spring 2009; one of my first in fact. It turned into the first book of a series.  Some would say I’m mad for trying to publish my first novel, but when that it also the first of a series, well I prefer not to think what folks would say.


To say I’m nervous is an understatement of great proportions. But if I’m going to do it, best get it done as best expertly as possible and prepare myself for the fall-out.  I’ve had the cover done professionally by Derek Murphy at CreativIndieCovers and the book will by rigorously edited by AubrieAnne at Who’s Your Editor? That is after many beta readers work their magic, pointing out all the obvious and more besides.

Hopefully, the awful bits will be removed by then. J

Finding Esta is a paranormal, urban fantasy
and full-length novel –
The first of The Supes Series.


I plan to publish it October 2012 (so help me God!)


-------------

Book Blurb:
  
An unusual young woman and fledgling journalist, Luna has various restrictive and annoying oddities, all of which have prevented any kind of physical intimacy during her 23 years. In her dreams a dark stranger visits her, and in lieu of the real thing their intimacy excites her. During those moments, nestled within his presence, she senses an urgent message is the reason for his visits to her subconscious. A message she cannot interpret, regardless of his persistent efforts.

Her abusive parents remain blissfully unaware of Luna’s Shadow’s, but are all too aware of other issues with touch and sunlight, reveling in her isolated misery and physical pain. Still, Luna hopes to one day make them proud, hoping this will take her closer to being worthy of their elusive love. Something she craves almost as much as the painless touch of a lover.

When Luna learns of a tragic story involving the kidnap of baby Esta, she jumps at the chance to investigate. She hopes finding Esta and closing this cold case will finally earn her parents’ admiration, and love.

Of course, it doesn’t quite go to plan. The loitering stranger from her dreams now stalks her during daylight. How can this be? And will he ever be more than a figure in the shadows, always just out of reach?

Her investigation leads Luna to St Ives, Cornwall: a vibrant seaside town hiding copycat aliens and an underworld of Supernaturals. Here, she comes face-to-face with her own, terrifying identity. Confronted with life-changing decisions and the harshest of truths, Luna confronts insanity with logic, only to fight against both. Will Luna ever find the path to all that she desires?

More significantly, is she trapped in a newfound supernatural world, or within her own delusions? And will anyone care enough to save her?


PLEASE COULD YOU ADD MY SIGN UP FORM CODE TOO? (It will enable anyone interested to sign up to a weekly update newsletter (and round up of blog posts including all the latest on my WIPS)







Mini-Bio and Contact Details

My Details
Author Site: http://shahwharton.com/

Finding Esta page: http://shahwharton.com/my-writing/the-supes-series

A Mini Bio

Shah began meeting authors and book-worms galore when she started blogging less than three years ago. She’s learned a lot on her adventure, mostly from the awesome advice of her online peer-group.
Soon, she began using her imagination to write short stories as well as the poetry she’d always written. Soon after, one short story grew into Finding Esta, the beginning of Luna’s journey to self discovery.
Her passions include blogging, writing, reading, movies, photography and picture enhancement, music, theatre, travel, and fine dining. Her qualifications include BSc(Hons) psychology, counselling, mentoring.
She has one short story published & two poems published in anthologies, and plans to publish her first novel: Finding Esta – Book 1 of the Supes Series, in October 2012. The second in the Supes Series, she wrote during her first NaNoWrimo 2011 and will be published 2013.
Her favourite genres include anything dark with fangs and/or that will make her squirm or jump or scream out an expletive.  She is an avid Kindle abuser and adores the indie writing community and being part of the e-publishing revolution.

2 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

Sorry I never made it here yesterday Erin. I've had my head in my edits and it's difficult to escape them as the near the end. I'm draggin myself over that finishing line :D Thanks for having me. Sorry abou those glicjes - my button code didn't work - need to check on that.

Thanks for having me. :) X

Sheila Deeth said...

Ah, those edits. I'm preparing to re-release some of my self-published books and the re-editing's taking forever. Good luck with the release and everything leading up to it.