Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia, #JunkFoodNovels Style

#JunkFoodNovels is a super-fun, time-wasting TweetMeme that publisher W.W. Norton initiated. Participants tweet the names of novels, with key words replaced with the names of junk foods. So, for example, A Christmas Carol becomes A Christmas Caramel, and Gravity's Rainbow becomes Gravy's Rainbow.

Last night I tweeted The Lion, The Witch and The Waffles. Upon further reflection, one could junk food up the entire series:

The Magician's Necco Wafers


The Lion, The Witch and the Waffles (comes next, of course)

The Horse-tess Cupcake and His Boy


Disney Princess Fruit Snacks Caspian

The Voyage of the Frosted Shredded Wheater

The Silver Chairry Pie


The Last Bottle Caps


Bottle Caps is a good one, by the way - it's a candy made by the Willy Wonka Candy Company, a real candy company inspired by the fictional candy company in a Roald Dahl novel!

If you want to follow me on Twitter, I am ErinORiordan.

Photos:
Jill Robidoux, public domain
Evan-Amos, public domain (cupcake and Bottle Caps)
Julie, Creative Commons license


Postscript: If you love Hostess cupcakes, you might like to wear this matching cupcake-inspired camisole and panties by Backseat by Undergirl. (It's not the best photo, for you see, my college design notebook turned out to be surprising difficult to photograph.) Or you can add them to your collection of pastry-themed underwear and, on occasion, loan them to your superhero-loving rock star boyfriend while you wear his Superman undies.

11 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

Some great ideas - good to see your using your time sensibly !! :D How about The Vampire Donuts? Slurrp on a little Damon-Delight. I know that'd be my lollipop of choice :D You'd choose, I dunno: Sticky Stephan though, huh? :D

Sorry, I just watched the infamous Ian Somerhalder sex scene - AGAIN!

Erin O'Riordan said...

Watching the infamous Ian Somerhalder sex scene is not something to apologize for.

Kristin Aquariann said...

What yummy fun!!

Btw, I'm a new follower from Weekend Warrior and hope you'll join my Autumn Blog Hop, too.

TriGirl said...

So fun! Now I'm going to rifle through the leftover Halloween candy.

Erin O'Riordan said...

Aquariann, TriGirl, thanks so much for stopping by! This is a fun time-waste, but it's a literary time-waste, so that makes it okay.

Nora B. Peevy said...

I've been AWOL the past few days, doped up on muscle relaxants. If I weren't on drugs, this post would still be yummy! LOL What fun.

AmberFaith said...

Great ideas!!

I'm following you from the Crazed Fan Weekend hop. Would love for you to stop by and follow back, whenever you get the chance! Hope you have a good rest of the week! (:

Best,
Amber @ Beautifully BellaFaith
http://beautifullybellafaith.blogspot.com

Sheila Deeth said...

Oh, this was fun! What a neat idea!

Unknown said...

Great idea for a meme!

Passing through for the Beck Valley Books blog hop (& following)

xo

TToria @ http://ttoria.blogspot.com

Cecilia Robert said...

I'm looking at the photos and I haven't lunch yet...so hungry now.

I'm a new follower, hopping by from Beck Valley books Wednesday blog hop.
I think I'll come back to check if you have the Damon-delight Shah mentioned..hahaha

Cecilia Robert said...

and I forgot to paste my blog.. that's got to sas how hungry I am...lol
cecereadandwrite.blogspot.com