I love to give books for the holidays, as my nieces will find out tonight (they're also getting Subway gift cards so they can pay for their favorite sandwiches with their own money - very exciting when you're 7 and 9) and my cousin's baby daughter will find out tomorrow.
Which books would I most like to get from Santa Claus? I checked with my Goodreads to-read list, and here's what I came up with (in no particular order):
1. I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb
2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
I really want to see the movie, because Emma Watson looks amazing in the previews, but I want to read the book first. I've simply refused to pay the full retail at my local Barnes and Noble.
3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
4. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
5. Lillian Holmes and the Leaping Man by Ciar Cullen
Gender-swapped, steampunk Sherlock Holmes? Uh, yes please!
6. The Latke Who Couldn't Stop Screaming by Lemony Snicket
Hanukkah is over, but my desire to read this is not.
7. Christian Bale: The Inside Story of the Darkest Batman by Harrison Cheung
8. House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
9. Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
10. This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl
Okay, this one doesn't come out until January 28th, 2014, but Santa can preorder it for me if he wants to.
Which books are you hoping for on Christmas morning?