Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Letting Out My Inner Tris Prior + #Caturday

I may not exactly be Dauntless material, but I did stumble upon a chance to let out my inner Tris Prior yesterday. My husband Tit Elingtin (who's doing much better since his surgery, thank you) and I went on a walk through the park near our home after work. As we got near the bridge between two parks, we saw some kind of activity going on; soon we figured out that the city department of parks and recreation was offering zip lining across the river.

Not exactly the Hancock Building, but I don't think I'm brave enough for that anyway.

This is a Creative Commons example of what zip lining looks like. 
Everyone looked like they were safe and having fun, and it only cost $10 per person, so I called my mom and asked her if she wanted to do it. I'd remembered that she mentioned wanting to try zip lining in a previous conversation. She agreed to come over to the park, and after Tit and I had supper at a park-adjacent restaurant (I had two tacos, while he had a "Big Ass BLT" made with an entire pound of bacon - the menu board literally said "Not Responsible For Any Heart Attacks"), we met her by the bridge and she and I bought our tickets. Tit, who said he did not want to go, held our stuff and served as videographer.

(The video is still in my mom's camera for the time being - I'm going to try to add music and upload it to my YouTube account.)

When I got up near the front of the line, I thought I heard the woman who was getting ready to jump say, "I'm a virgin." The parks guy who was checking the harnesses said, "What's that?" Then I realized the woman had said, "It's like Divergent," as she told the parks guy a little bit about the book.

Jumping off the scaffold on the high river bank, zipping over the water and touching down on the low river bank was incredibly fun and not scary. It was well worth my $10. I went first, and then my mom went right after me. She was not scared either, and if she says it's not scary then anyone can do it.

Now, let's all enjoy some Caturday pins with A Catlike Curiosity and Butterfly in the Attic



First, a gratuitous picture of myself, a cat-herding moon maiden.



I'm currently one episode behind on True Blood. When last I saw, Lafayette was possessed by the spirit of Sookie Stackhouse's dead father, who was attempting to drown Sookie in a river as he had tried unsuccessfully to do when Sookie was a little mind-reading girl. I assume someone will save her - not Eric, because he's locked up in vampire camp being forced to fight Pam - but maybe Bill or a friendly ghost like Jesus.



If you don't watch True Blood, and/or haven't read Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampire Mysteries series, perhaps it will suffice to say it's a supernatural soap opera.





Typing up her mem-meows.





In all seriousness, I wish to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of His Royal Highness, Prince George Alexander Louis of Cambridge. May he have a long, happy, healthy life.

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

Sarah Leonard said...

Yay! Welcome back to Caturday :) I love your cat herding moon goddess and the grumpy cat prince!

Thanks for linking up!

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity