Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Emily Bronte's 195th Birthday - 'Wuthering Heights' Love

Emily Bronte's 195th birthday was yesterday; the poet and novelist was born on July 30th, 1818. She only lived to be 30, and unfortunately, she only left the world one novel, the masterful Wuthering Heights. Today's post is all about Wuthering Heights, which - if I absolutely had to choose only one favorite book - I would call my favorite book ever.





My library has this graphic novel version. It's awesome.





This, clearly, is my least favorite cover ever.



This isn't in and of itself a bad cover. It's just part of that trend where they tried to make a bunch of classics look like sequels to Twilight and stuck them in the YA section.





I got The Heights from a "secret Santa" blogger exchange, and I really liked it.



Haven't read Wuthering Heights yet? You can get it free for Kindle, so now you have no excuse!




Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Martha Hokenson said...

I'll have to look for The Heights...ugh, why would you label something "Bella and Edward's favorite book"? What an insult. (No offense to the Twihards!)

Erin O'Riordan said...

I liked 'The Heights.' I wish I'd had it when I was 17 to ease me into 'Wuthering Heights.' I totally did not get this book at first.