(FYI, the paperback's cheaper than the Kindle edition.)
But without that review to share, I have a little bit of blogger's block. (Kind of - I have lots to share on Memorial Day.) So instead I'm stealing this chick's idea, which comes to me through creeping around ThePurpleJunkie's Tumblr. The first 20 songs in my phone, no matter how much they may embarrass me. This is my soul laid bare in musical format.
1. Nelly Furtado, "I'm Like a Bird"
2. Weezer, "Say It Ain't So"
3. Enrique Iglesias, "Bailamos"
4. Billie Holiday, "Willow Weep For Me"
5. Josh Turner, "Firecracker"
6. Zwan, "Honestly"
|The name of this Zwan album is an ancient title for the mother-goddess|
7. Santana, "Game of Love"
8. Melissa Etheridge, "Refugee"
9. Shonen Knife, "Burning Farm" ~ great Beltane song, btw
10. U2, "So Cruel"
11. Duran Duran, "I Don't Want Your Love"
12. Puddle of Mud, "She Fucking Hates Me"
13. Shakira, "Suerte" ~ yes, I know all the Spanish lyrics
14. Maroon 5, "Wake Up Call" ~ Christian Grey and Ana Steele could probably appreciate the Maroon 5 post Beauty Queens of Only 18 and Misery
15. The Spice Girls, "Last Time Lover"
16. Shonen Knife, "Butterfly Boy"
17. Train, "Meet Virginia"
18. Soft Cell, "Tainted Love"
19. P!nk, "Get the Party Started" ~ P!nk will be one of this year's Hanukkah Hotties
20. Sinead O'Connor, "Regina Caeli" ~ and yes, I know the Latin lyrics ~ Catholic school, yo
|NOT something they taught us in Catholic school.|
So obviously, my songs haven't been updated in a good, long while. If they had, I'd be listening to "Watching You Watch Him" by Eric Hutchinson, my current song crush about a love triangle. It could be how Jose feels about watching Ana with Christian.