Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Weekend Round-Up: Literary Links to Love VI

In case you haven't been social media stalking me this week, here are some of the literary links you may have missed out on.

Tit Elingtin and I were interviewed about Eminent Domain at The Best of Everything (link is now defunct, unfortunately).

Gabe Habash, in his Publisher's Weekly blog, brought us the best book memes of 2011 (another dead link, alas).

According to Entertainment Weekly, Chris Columbus, who directed the first two Harry Potter movies, is collaborating with YA author Ned Vizzini to produce a 3-book series called House of Secrets. Could be interesting...

Speaking of my favorite, phenomenally popular book franchises: as much as I love Twilight, I can't help but get a chuckle out of "If Famous Writers Had Written Twilight."


This book came out in September, but I just discovered it now: Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star. It's not a mash-up, but a P&P-inspired tale in which Darcy, Bingley and Fitzwilliam have a band, and their new opening act is Long Borne Suffering, a band featuring Lizzie and Jane Bennet and Charlotte Lucas. It's just about the coolest thing since Little Vampire Women.

If you're enamored of Pride and Prejudice and its myriad sequels and tributes, you might also like The Spinster's Vow by Enid Wilson. It's another Lizzie Bennet-Fitzwilliam Darcy romance.


Our favorite TV inspired by our favorite books: here's Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust's summary of the most recent crop of supernatural TV shows, including The Secret Circle (based on the L.J. Smith novels) and my new favorite, Grimm.

Now the sexy stuff:

Sex toys, this article states, are increasingly being marketed to a religious audience. Why not?

Finally, if you need a little liquid inspiration, you can always order a make-your-own absinthe kit (sorry, that link no longer works). I can't resist making this terrible pun: absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.


(Public domain image)


2 comments:

Shah Wharton said...

LOL - I have seen your LIKES of these, and mentions hereabouts. All well looking into, so much so I thnk I've G+, FB LIKED and Tweeted a few of them myself. I couldn't bring myself to actually read the Twilight article though. I heard its very amusing, but I'm tired of the "Its crap - she can't write," brigade. Oh and if someone ridicules sparkly vamps again, I'll scream. I'm bored of the whole thing. Fact is, as you know, it sucks you in regardless or sparkles and writing technique. Fact!

Love the sound of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star though :)

Shah .X

Ann Rodela said...

Hi Erin. I liked this article so I shared it with G+. :)