Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

SOC Sunday: Relaxation Time

Today’s Writing Prompt (via All.Things.Fadra): Describe, in detail, the way you like to relax. 5-minute free write.


My #1 favorite way to destress after a long day of writing, editing or publishing, which can be very brain-draining and frustrating, is with a game of Combine. Combine can be found at MindJolt Games on Facebook. Even though it's a video game, ot's not like the mindless video games I used to destress with after homework when I was a kid. It involces strategfy: different colors of balls fall, two at a time (at a pace you control, unlike Tetris) and you have to cmbine three of one color to make them all disappear. At first it seems really easy, but as they pile up, you have to be quite stratefic or you'll end the game.


My husband doesn't really like thta my destressing thing keeps me in front of the computer scroeen. Someimes I read a fun book (not one that I habe to review) instead. I've been really into Sherlock Holmes for fun lately. The most relazing place to read is our pontoon, which doesn't have a motor, so we use it as dock. It's winter, though, so the pntoon is frozen to the bank quite firmly now.

That's five minutes. As you can see, I clearly did not cheat and use spellcheck or do any editing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I came by to give you a follow.

all.things.fadra said...

I'm totally a mindless gamer. But mindless like stress-free. Not mindless like I don't have to use my brain. I use my iPhone and play a few games in bed every night. It totally relaxes me and I once heard that games like Tetris (which looks similar to yours) are relaxing before bed. No lie. It was a scientific stufy!

Mary J. McCoy-Dressel said...

I loved Tetris when I had it on Nintendo or something. I didn't know about the one on Facebook called Combine. I can relax with Bejeweled Blitz, although my heart races trying to beat the timer, so maybe it's not relaxing. Didn't mention gaming in my post for relaxing today, but it's one of my ways.

Google is really getting an attitude about using OPEN ID or another sign in, so even though my post is at http://www.mjdresselbooks.com I have to log in with Blogger. Grrr

Erin O'Riordan said...

Google is a giant pain in the butt sometimes.

a.eye said...

I use Unblock Me on my phone to wind down before bed, while in bed. It is kind of a sign of the times that a lot of relaxing consists of technology.

Nora B. Peevy said...

I like the idea of reading on a pontoon. Sounds fun!