Pages

Monday, August 5, 2024

The Song I'm Obsessed With Right Now

The song I'm obsessing over in August 2024 is "Joyride" by Kesha [Sebert].


I know the Kesha song "Supernatural," from her previous album Warrior, is about ghost sex. I know it isn't about the CW tv series of the same name. Still, this gave me an idea.

Borrowing an image from this Tumblr post, I overlaid some of the "Joyride" lyrics.


I reblogged the unedited Jensen Ackles pic from Bunny Jones. This is Bunny's art blog.

Then, borrowing an image from this Tumblr post, I made the complementary one for Castiel. 

I reblogged the second unedited image from diana2095. They're not active on Tumblr anymore, and haven't been for years, but their archive of Destiel fics is still there if anyone is interested.

Want to know what else I've been listening to? I made this "August Summerween" playlist. I'm not ready to fully lean into my extensive Halloween playlists yet -- I save that until September. But I did lean a little bit into the end of summer/autumn-ish vibes, with a hint of dark lyrics and lowercase-s supernatural references. 

Of note: The playlist includes a song-poem called "The Slitheree-Dee," performed by Shel Silverstein. You may remember it from Chapter 5 of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. While Silverstein wrote and arranged the version heard on Spotify, according to Alvin Schwartz's notes, it appears to have been based on an older folk song. 

Here is a drawing I drew in my 1999 sketchbook based on Stephen Gammell's 1981 illustration. 

Here is the playlist. 

You may also notice a song from the Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes film soundtrack. I haven't seen the movie, but I finished reading the book in July. I've heard there's another Hunger Games prequel to be released in 2025.

Songbirds and Snakes came out in 2020. I was quite slow to read it.

Lastly, you may also note the tracks "Murnau" and "Pentagrams" from the Smashing Pumpkins album that dropped on Friday, August 2. Those are the favorites on first listen. Those could change. It's a very new album. 

No comments: