Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

I Remember That 'Dorothy Surrenders' Exists

Speaking of internet things that are still around, I recently realized that the woman-focused LGBTQ+ blog Dorothy Surrenders is still updated. I dedicated a post to Dorothy Surrenders in 2010. Holy cats, that was 14 years ago!! That's an even longer time than I've been on Tumblr!!!

In my 2010 post, I linked to the pages of some ladies I was digging at the time: Josephine Baker, Rihanna, Scarlett Johannson, Queen Latifah, Eva Mendes, Shakira, Christina Ricci, Susan Sarandon, and Uma Thurman. Since then, the blogger known as Dorothy has lent her spotlight to so many more amazing women.

My previous post was all about the fictional men. Dorothy is all about the ladies. This time, only Harley Quinn is a fictional character.

It's so hard to choose from all the amazing and talented women who've been featured on Dorothy Surrenders over the years, but I'll try. These are some of the women relevant to my interests (they'll take you to the tag on Dorothy Surrenders):

poet Amanda Gorman

musician Amy Winehouse

poet Audre Lorde

musician Billie Holiday

musician Chappell Roan (Chappell Roan I'm currently obsessed with: "Pink Pony Club")

actor Emily Blunt

actor Florence Pugh (my favorite movie Amy March)

animated character Harley Quinn 

actor/novelist Krysten Ritter

musician Lady Gaga (soon to play Harley Quinn on the big screen!)

actor/director Maggie Gyllenhaal

actor Tessa Thompson (like Krysten Ritter, another Veronica Mars alum who grew up to become a Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero!)

musician Tina Turner

And many more! Come browse with me. We have so many women to catch up on!

No comments: