Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2020

'Spellbound' by Sylvia Day - Paranormal Erotic Romance

SpellboundSpellbound by Sylvia Day

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Have I read anything else from this author? No. I've heard that she's an erotic writer better at writing consensual BDSM better than the ubiquitous 50 Shades of Grey series.

Was this book enjoyable? It was a quick, mildly amusing read requiring no deep thought. Pure escapism.

Did I learn anything new from this book? No, not at all, which was fine since it was just for fun.

Where did I get this book? I bought it at a library used book sale. It formerly belonged to the St. Joseph County (Indiana, USA) public library.

This was several years ago; I no longer live in St. Joe County. (I add that to let you know I didn't break social distancing protocol to go get a fluffy book.)

Do I recommend this book to other readers? I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys erotic romance with a touch of the paranormal. Keep in mind, there's not a lot of depth of these characters. "Sexy" isn't really a personality trait, nor is being a warlock or a house cat shapeshifter. But if you're interested in some light fluff, this may be the book for you.

No comments: