Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2020

'Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion' by Jia Tolentino

Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-DelusionTrick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion by Jia Tolentino

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Have I read anything else from this author? No

Was this book enjoyable? I got a little bored with the reality TV essay, but then the essay about drugs and religion won we right back. It's really a beautiful essay; if you only read one chapter of the book, read the religion/drugs one.

Did I learn anything new from this book? I don't know that I necessarily learned any new information from these essays, but they were certainly thought-provoking and shone a different light on a number of topics.

Where did I get this book? I borrowed this audiobook from my local library using the Libby app.

Do I recommend this book to other readers? Yes, I think this collection of essays will be interesting to anyone in the Millennial generation or older. People younger than young Millennials, it might not seem that relevant to you yet.

No comments: