Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

'Still Life with Bread Crumbs' #Fiction #BookReview

Still Life with Bread CrumbsStill Life with Bread Crumbs by Anna Quindlen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't get the feeling that this was an actual novel so much as a novella or long short story stretched out by lots of short chapters and blank spaces by an enterprising publisher.

Still, it was an enjoyable read with a relatable heroine. Rebecca is 60, and it's always nice when fiction shows us older adult protagonists who continue to grow, learn, and change. Being a romantic at heart, I was satisfied with the love story - but you certainly don't have to be a romance reader to appreciate the low-key pleasures of this book.

I purchased this book with my own funds from a library used media sale. I was not obligated in any way to review it. It was on my Grandma's TBR list, so she read it and then passed it along to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love to find enjoyable reads. Thanks for the review.

Erin O'Riordan said...

Yep, this is a pretty good one.