Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pinterest: My Most Popular Pins

Oh How Pinteresting! Wednesday at The Vintage Apple is no more (not that we blame busy women who aren't writers by professional for not having time to blog - not in any way). It's still fun to have a (semi-) Wordless Wednesday post every now and then, so I thought I'd show off some of my most popular Pinterest pins:

#1: Taraji P. Henson



She's gorgeous. It's no wonder this one's been repinned 107 times.

#2: Sagrada Familia



It's true: on my trip to Spain in 1995, my tour group and I visited La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, the last stop on our tour that started in Madrid. It was closed - infamously, the architect Gaudi died before his masterwork was completed, and it's almost constantly under construction - and I never got to see the inside.

A photo I took of the outside of Sagrada Familia in 1995
Now I can see it, vicariously, through Pinterest. So can lots of other people. It's been repinned 98 times.

#3: The Divergent Trilogy



Allegiant only came out on October 22 (barring a few leaked copies), but this image of all three hardcovers in Veronica Roth's Divergent Series has already been repinned 84 times.

I'm not surprised that one of my most popular pins has to do with a book series, but I am surprised that it got repinned so many times so quickly.

#4: Joseph Gordon-Levitt reading



You may have seen this image before on my "Hanukkah Hotness" post about JGL. Lots of people have seen it on Pinterest; it's been repinned 78 times.

#5: Taraji again



This one's been repinned 55 times - to a lot of "hair inspiration" boards.

#6: New Moon movie poster



The movie poster for the second movie in the Twilight series has been repinned 53 times. Incidentally, Andrea at Reading Lark book review blog recently reread and reviewed New Moon. You can read her review of the first novel, Twilight, here.

Reading Lark

#7: Leaf chair



This clever yet practical piece of design has been repinned 50 times.

#8: You guys just can't get enough Taraji P. Henson



Not that I blame you. This sexy black-and-white pose came from Kala's TheDorkMistress Tumblr blog.

#9: George Clooney reads



Repinned 30 times, this pin first made its appearance in this Blue Monday post.

What are your most popular pins? Do any of them really surprise you?

No comments: